Tuesday, March 19, 2013

WHERE DOES TIME GO

As I woke up this morning, I thought "can it already be march 2013?"  This year has been going by so fast.  It seems the older I get the faster the time goes.  Even though, the time has flown by, it has been a blessed year.  

This last week, my parents arrived here in Cajamarca to come along side the ministry.  Years ago when we were first answering the call to go into the mission field, we heard a husband and wife speak about life in the mission field.  They had spent several years in eastern Europe and then moved into central Asia.  This time they had the parents of the wife and her brother and his wife with them.  It was a missionary team, but also a family who had been through so much together.  And as they shared they spoke on what a blessing it is to serve with your family, because you are family and when the hard times come and conflict within the team, you have to just get over it because your family.  One of the problems that many missionaries face is conflict among the team.  So if it is family you just have to deal with it.  

When we heard this couple speak, we thought "oh, wouldn't it be great if we had a team of family!"  As time went on we left and moved out onto the mission field.  Still praying that one day God would call some members of our family to come and join us.  It has been almost two years and the Lord put it on my parents hearts to come and serve in Peru.  We are so blessed and excited.  It is the Lord's timing and it is better now than later and better at this moment than if they would have come any sooner.  

It will be an adjustment for them and for us.  The kids are beyond excited and enjoying their time with grandma and grandpa.  What is also so exciting, is that in August my sister and brother in law are moving down as well.  This is totally the hand of God.  My brother in law is my best friend.  We have been through so much and our relationship always grew stronger.  I always use to say he is my Arron!  He is very outgoing and can talk to anyone about anything, where I am a little more reserved and not as good with words.  Here though he literally will be my Arron as he will do most my translating for me while I still learn to communicate at the level I need to.  He is a native spanish speaker and just an all around good guy.  He never had the desire to leave the States.  We were praying for him and the Lord put a burden on his heart to come and serve and reach the Peruvian people.  My sister also is very reserved, so for her to say yes and answer the call of God is also the hand of the Lord.  She will be great blessing to us and the people as well.  Of course their kids will also bring so much attention and joy to everyone they come in contact with.

The Lord is good.  The time this year has been fast, but it is moving towards a goal and that is to reach the lost for the kingdom of God.  May the Lord bless you and keep you and use you for His glory! 


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Ryan. It's a blessing to hear what the Lord is doing in Peru, and with your ministry and family. I was blessed to get meet Don at the Santa Cruz men's retreat, and hear about the Lord's plan. Lord willing, we will be seeing you later this year as well. God bless you and the work you are doing.
    In Christ,
    Cory Kilgus CC Fort Bragg
    P.S. Tell that youngster from Fort Bragg that L am praying for him and love him.

    ReplyDelete