Sunday, September 2, 2012

Faithful is the Lord!

In front of the building with our worship pastor and his family.

 We had our first service this morning and to God be the glory.  We had 5 local Peruvians come and listen to the study.  We also had 10 kids show up at our children's ministry.  The Lord has brought together such a great team!  We are blessed and humbled by all the help that we have received and blessed and humbled that God has called us to serve here in Peru.

    I read this psalm this morning and it blessed my heart:

         "Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy.
Let me dwell in your tent forever!
Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings! Selah
For you, O God, have heard my vows;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name."
(Psalm 61:1-5 ESV)                                                            

We have refuge in Jesus!  We have a place of shelter!  How wonderful to know that we have a safe haven in God Himself.  This is why we felt led to name our fellowship and kid's ministry Refugio.  We want everyone to know this place of rest which is found in Jesus through His Word. Please be praying for our ministry and for the people that the Lord brought and will bring.  Be in prayer for the faithful servants that God has raised up. Here is a list: Ivan and his family, who are such an incredible blessing for us.  Truly like minded and full of Jesus, without them we wouldn't be were we are at.  Natalie who is taking on the great task of children's ministry. Viviana who has such a heart for Cajamarca.  Victor who is in Lima at this point, but we are praying the Lord opens the door for him to be able to come back and serve with us.  Alfredo, who is translating for me and just a close friend who has been a blessing for us.  All the students of the Bible college who are helping out.  Our great friend Mesod who helps us out with everything.  For  Estella who made all of our curtains and is just an amazing women of God.   And also Pastor John and his wife Pilar who have taken us under their wings and given us great wisdom and guidance in this step of faith.    
May the love and grace of Jesus shine through this ministry. Soli Deo Gloria!!!!!!!

Annyka sweeping!
Singing Praises to Jesus!
Teaching 1st Thessalonians with mi amigo Alfredo translating.

No comments:

Post a Comment