Saturday, October 8, 2011

God IS GOOD!!!


     This morning I wake up and I am thankful. My Gods mercies are new EVERY MORNING and He is so FAITHFUL. This first month and a half have been such a HUGE learning experience for me. As a wife, a mom and most of ALL a follower of Christ and the calling that He has put in our lives. Don't get me wrong, its been a rough road for me personally, with homesickness and new surroundings, it hasn't been easy. But through all of the hard days I have experienced so far, one thing I know and hold on to are His promises and the fact that I know with out a shadow if a doubt that He has called us here and it is His will.
   Funny thing is before we left the states I started a book study and it is through James.  And in the very first part of James it says, "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." (James 1:2-3) It is funny cause while in the states I thought I wouldn't struggle much with the trials of being down here in another country but, I was wrong. Everything here is so different, not just the fact that I am now living in a foreign country but the fact that my ENTIRE day to day life is completely changed. Homeschooling has been hard in the sense of learning patience and it says that the trials will produce patience. Annyka has been patient with me through all the, "I don't know it is because the book says so, and how can you not understand it." I am not the sharpest kitty in the litter and honestly I feel bad that she has to have me be teaching her, BUT the Lord is showing me so much in this and everyday has it's trials in homeschooling but it's a blessing. So, little by little I want to share what the Lord had been teaching me and showing me in my study through James and living here in Cajamarca by His great calling and will for our Familia. God is GOOD and I am so BLESSED that His wonderful great mercies are new every morning!! Until next time,
  Love, Nicole 

4 comments:

  1. :) I am not a teacher either, but the Lord called me to homeschool too, and so I have done it, and will continue to - when we are weak He is strong!! His strength is perfected in our weakness :)
    love and hugs and continuing in prayer!! You are the teacher, Nicole, because He has chosen you for it :D and that makes you the right one :D
    God is good, all the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Annyka's memory verse the second week :)
    Blessing to you and THANKS so MUCH for your encouraging words!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I agree with Kippys--you and Ryan are the teachers He planned for your kids. So, you will do fine. I just wish we were closer so we could share all the things we have been learning about homeschooling! But here is the recent revelation God gave me--my job is not to teach them everything in the curriculum. My job is to teach them:
    1) about God
    2) how to live a life pleasing to God
    3) how to think
    4) how to learn for themselves (i.e. how to find answers)

    If they get those things down, with the grace of God, they will turn out just fine! : )

    Don't worry--I'm still teaching them the stuff other kids learn in school, but this realization of what my goals for their learning really were has really helped me feel less overwhelmed, and more capable, and has helped me make better choices about what we spend our time learning.

    Thank you for posting, and I look forward to everything you share about life there!

    love,

    lisa c.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Lisa. I so agree that the most important thing that they can learn is who God is and how to live for Him. Thanks for the encouragement. Love Nicole

    ReplyDelete